STEP Hungary Conference co-organized with Károli Gáspár Reformed University, Faculty of Law
STEP HUNGARY is pleased to announce for the sixth time its annual conference held on 27 April 2017 on trusts, taxation and estate planning with the aim of summarizing for lawyers, bankers, tax consultants, auditors, financial consultants and specialists engaged in estate planning and tax planning the rules relating to trusts in co-organization with Károli Gáspár Reformed University, Faculty of Law.
Venue of the Conference: Budapest Bar Association, Ceremonial Hall (“Díszterem”), 1055 Budapest, Szalay utca 7.
Date of the Conference: 27 April 2017 Thursday 08:30 – 17: 00
Schedule of the Conference and speakers:
08:30-08:45 Welcome and introduction of STEP - Dr. Menyhei Ákos LL.M., branch chair of STEP HUNGARY
- Trusts around the world – international outlook, Dr. habil. István Sándor Ph.D., Professor at ELTE ÁJK, partner at Kelemen, Mészáros, Sándor and Partners Law Firm, member of STEP Hungary
- The amendments of the Hungarian Civil Code („Ptk.”) and the Trustee Act („Bvk.”) in 2017, Dr. Balázs Bodzási Ph.D., LL.M., deputy secretary of state for justice and private law legislating, Ministry of Justice
- Evaluation of the Czech trust and private foundation, Prof. Dr. Kateřina Ronovská, professor at Masaryk University Brno
- The relationship of private banking and trusts, Dr. Árpád Vásárhelyi, director at LGT Bank Austria
- The relationship of trusts and inheritance law, Prof. Dr. Attila Menyhárd, dean at ELTE ÁJK, head professor of the Civil Law Department
- Trusts in Italy, Prof. Dr. Andrea Vicari doctor of legal sciences, senior partner at Vicari & Associati, lawyer and notary in Milano and San Marino
- Transparency – “brave new world” – business use of trusts, Dr. Ákos Menyhei LL.M., lawyer, chairman of STEP Hungary, board member of Primus Trust Corp., partner at Aliant Law Firm
- Trust deeds – a practical guide, Dr. István Illés LL.M., lawyer, Réti, Antall & Partners Law Firm, member of the board of STEP Hungary
- Trusts and rights management in intellectual property law, Dr. habil. Anikó Grad – Gyenge dean and professor at Károli Gáspár Reformed University, Department of Civil Law and Roman Law and Dr. Gábor Faludi Ph.D. professor at ELTE, Civil Law Department
- Social justifications for the existence of trusts, Dr. Gábor B. Szabó TEP, vice-president of STEP Hungary, senior partner at Balogh, B. Szabó, Jean & Partners Law Firm, board member of Primus Trust Zrt.
- Trusts and the probate procedure, Dr. Ádám Tóth, permanent member at International Union of Notaries (UINL), Hungarian representative in the Council of Notaries from EU states, President of the Hungarian National Chamber of Notaries
- Regulation of trusts in Israel, Prof. Dr. Adam Hofri – Winogradov, professor at Hebrew University Jerusalem
- Family law matters in relation to trusts, Dr. habil. Orsolya Szeibert Ph.D., professor at ELTE ÁJK Civil Department
The order of events may vary!
During breaks, coffee, refreshments and lunch is provided. This is an excellent opportunity to network among colleagues.
Language of the presentations: Hungarian and English. Translator will be present.
Further information: http://www.step.org and http://www.step.org/branches/step-hungary
Registration fee for the conference: EUR 50, which includes the refreshments and lunch, furthermore all participants receive a book published by HVG-ORAC containing all presentations held during the STEP conferences of 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Budapest Bar Association
Primus Trust Corp.
Károli Gáspár Reformed University
Aliant-Menyhei Law Firm
Ecovis Budapest-Balogh, B. Szabó, Jean and Partners Law Firm
EUROCONSULTORG Consultants Ltd.
Réti, Antall & Partners Law Firm
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
Hungarian Bar Association
Hungarian National Chamber of Notaries
Crystal Worldwide Limited
We are looking forward to seeing you at our event!
STEP Hungary Board