Movies are more than entertainment; they constitute a large and complex industry. No longer merely the purview of Hollywood, the film industry today is as international as any. Whether acquiring a script; establishing a production company; bringing on investors; engaging vendors for production facilities, equipment or services; or arranging a film's distribution, legal issues abound.
Aliant lawyers are versed in the business and legal issues film producers and other industry players face. They have assisted filmmakers at all stages along the path from concept development to exploitation of the completed project.
Here are some of the ways Aliant lawyers assist their film industry clients:
- Assisting in the acquisition of all necessary rights
- Formation of single-film and umbrella film production companies
- Advising on compliance with securities laws when dealing with project investors
- Negotiating agreements with cast, crew and vendors
- Advising on domestic and international distribution agreements